These are personal projects in the same spirit as my design practice.
Nineteen Fundamental Truths: Observations About NFTs
// self-published zine
A zine for people considering buying or selling NFTs, especially artists. Since NFTs are digital and exclusive, I figured the best response is something analog and inclusive. I’ve left these in random spots around the Bay Area.
97 Things Every UX Practitioner Should Know
// O’Reilly Press
I am a contributing author to the 97 Things Every UX Practitioner Should Know book. My chapter is “Put On Your InfoSec Hat to Improve Your Designs”.
Designers can, and should, anticipate as many potential uses of their designs as possible.
- Designing for Accessibility posters (gov.uk)
- 8 Tools That Make Accessible Designs Easier (Invision)
- Guidelines for Writing About People With Disabilities (ADA National Network)
- Disability Language Style Guide (National Center on Disability and Journalism
- Self-Defined (Tatiana Mac)
- Content Style Guide: Ableist Language (a11yproject)
- Conscious Style Guide (Karen Yin)
- Bias-free Communication (Microsoft)
- Disability Language IS a Nuanced Thing (Nicolas Steenhout)
- Ableism / Language (Lydia X Z Brown)
- The New Map of Life (Stanford University)
- Future data scenario: The Memory of Tomatoes (Popular Science)
- Anti-Hate By Design Social Pattern Library (Anti-Defamation League)
- How To Make Online Games Less Toxic? GDC Devs Debate Moderation (Ars Technica)
Because sometime clickbait is the most memorable reminder to pay attention to the words we use.
- Everyday Words and Phrases That Have Racist Connotations (CNN)
- 15 Racist Words You Probably Use Every Day Without Knowing (Storypick)
- Are These Sexist Phrases In Your Vocabulary? (Bustle)
- 15 Crazy Examples of Insanely Ableist Language (Thought Catalog)
Data Access and Privacy
- Future data scenario: Home At Heart (Popular Science)
- Future data scenario: Shared Data (Popular Science)
- Their Bionic Eyes Are Now Obsolete and Unsupported (IEEE Spectrum)